While most office paper can be recycled I think we would all agree that printing things unnecessarily is wasteful.
Here are some quick tips on how you can save paper in the office:
- Think before you print or post! Ask yourself the questions – ‘do I really need this paperwork?’ and ‘could this be emailed rather than posted out?’
- Print documents double-sided when you can.
- Print preview documents to ensure formatting looks correct before hitting the print button.
- Proof read the document on screen before you print.
- Print only the pages you need from a large document.
- Set up a tray for waste paper printed on one side only to use for scrap/note paper.
- If you are distributing hard copies of reports internally ask your recipients if they would be happy to receive these electronically instead.
- Review mailing distribution lists for brochures, flyers etc to remove any old contacts. Consider moving over to an electronic distribution.
- If you are taking handouts to a meeting decide if it’s imperative that everybody have a copy – could people share? Confirm the numbers attending so you are not printing overs.
- It’s inevitable there will be paper waste throughout the office – ensure it’s recycled correctly.
To find out how you can set up a paper recycling system that’s right for your office contact us.